Wednesday

What happens Whensday -- Edition #05, on sharing yourself with the world.

In an effort to remain transparent, I want to write about something very real... Remaining transparent in a world full of faux.

Some days it seems that everyone's just trying to get ahead, to climb the social ladder, and to be a part of the next best thing. We've all seen it and most of us are guilty from time to time of falling into the routine of just trying to keep afloat with everyone else. Why are we so wired to follow the crowd? The book Connected, by Nicholas Christakis shares incredible scientific studies about how we are affected by those around us. It's a great study in human thought and action patterns. It teaches that even people you may have never met can lead you to do a certain thing or feel a certain way. 


Why do we sell ourselves short and settle for a life of "keeping up" instead of living powerfully in our own creative strength? 


This bible verse resounded in my spirit yesterday, 2nd Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." ~ This is one of my absolute favorite Bible verses! It brings to light a beautiful potential in us all. Power, love, and a sound mind. I don't know about you, but THAT is how I want to live! I don't want to live waking up and hoping I can "keep up" with what's new in photography, what's new in the small business world, or what's new with my local town. I have this career so I can explore my talents, serve others, and learn to grow a business. No part of exploring my own talents means hoping I can do something just like someone else. I'm ready to explore my talents boldly. I'm ready to be myself boldly. I'm ready to go against the grain, boldly. When we love ourselves just as we are created to be, we give ourselves room to grow, to make mistakes, and to explore! I challenge you today that when you feel a tug on your heart to "keep up" with other small businesses, understand that their strengths and your strengths are made beautifully different. The joy of being an entrepreneur is paving your own way.  Challenge yourself to be different, to trust your instincts, and to go boldy in the direction of your dreams. Your journey awaits you. 


What happens when you trust who you were made to be? 

No comments: