Thursday

The Ultimate Wedding Gear Checklist {for photographers}

This post is geared towards wedding photographers interested in hearing my personal planning structure the week before the wedding and also to brides interested to know how photographers plan for a wedding day and exactly why we lug around the ridiculous gear that we do -- Trust me, there's a grand master plan behind it all. 

I would like to preface this collection with a completely open view that each and every photographer works & thinks differently and has their own system & preference for gear, lighting, and organization. -- We are all created differently and I have full respect and admiration for each photographer paving his or her own way! I'm very excited to be completely transparent with you and take a few minutes to document & share my current "Ultimate Wedding Gear Checklist - for photographers, more specifically for me, Fantasia".

This checklist is something I've worked, reworked, and am still reworking to this day. It's an easy guide for me while planning a day out from a wedding and allows me to quickly gather up equipment safely and efficiently without skipping a beat! The planning process, of course, begins almost a year before the wedding upon booking with the client, but this guide is for preparing a few days leading up to the wedding.

Photographers, you and I both know that incredibly gut-wrenching feeling the day before a wedding when there are literally a thousand things on your mind from the low-lighting and tight spaces of the "getting ready" location to the background setting of where the cake will be, all the way to what shoes are you going to wear and will they hurt your feet after 10 hours? Can I get a footrub and an Amen?!

Jokes aside, here's my gear checklist out on the table -- You'll see spaces for a couple fancy new lenses that are on my "get me now" list ;)


If you're shooting weddings please feel absolutely free to share your ideas for ideal equipment and items to have on hand on a wedding day! I want to learn from you and connect to help grow our community! Thanks for sharing your ideas and I hope you were able to gain a little insight from a different perspective! 

To receive a high res 8.5x11 .pdf of my personal wedding photography checklist, simply like Little Miss Creative Studio on Facebook & shoot me a comment or message with your email address (You will not be signed up for any email lists*). 

Happy shooting!!!
Your friend,
Fantasia
www.littlemisscreativestudio.com

Current listening workflow* { I See Fire, by Ed Sheeran } 

No comments: