Tuesday

Daydreams & Sundresses LAUNCH!!!

"DAYDREAMS... (N) A SERIES OF PLEASANT THOUGHTS THAT DISTRACTS ONE'S ATTENTION FROM THE PRESENT."



What do you get when you pair that "series of pleasant thoughts" with your favorite free flowing summer sundress? A moment of bliss, of happiness, of whim, and of beauty! Welcome to DAYDREAMS AND SUNDRESSES



These words inspired the spirit of what Daydreams and Sundresses is all about and why it was created for blogger, Karen Smith. Designed by Little Miss Creative Studio/The Weir House.


Being able to team up with Karen and The Weir House to build this platform was a huge honor for me and my team! May this project inspire you to follow your passions, to take risks, to stay up late & DREAM, and to trust your instincts above all. 

D&S began to take shape after a handful of rough sketches, meetings, and notes were consolidated over a period of a few weeks, but didn't begin to take personality until the right combination of people were brought in to build it from the ground up. 

With graphics inspired by our original logo created by Little Miss Creative Studio, we pulled in the team at THE WEIR HOUSE, Kaylyn & Tyler, as well as Kelsey Kelly for assistant graphic design with LMCS. 

The soft color tones play off of the bold black lines to create a modern yet feminine look for the overall feel! Get ready to bookmark D&S and take note on Karen's creative eye for design, color combinations, and overall "series of pleasant thoughts"! 

A word from Karen herself & her recent inspiration! 

"For several years I've been craving an outlet to share so many of my favorite images and articles about chic decor, glamorous editorials, savvy style, news from the art world, breath-taking destinations, and my constant inspirations.  With Daydreams and Sundresses, it's all that and more. It's a place I can finally share my ideas on my own creations as well.  How I would plan a gathering, design a boutique, arrange a room, or put together a style shoot.  While this part isn't evident yet, in the coming year, it will be as D+S matures.

I knew with all the plans I had for this space, I would need a branding and site equally as gorgeous as the thoughts in my head.  I needed a professional.  And not just any professional, but one that shared my excitement for the project and could translate my dreams into a reality even better than I could imagine. That's when I turned to Fantasia at Little Miss Creative Studio because I've always been enamored by her work and knew that her vision and creative touch would coincide perfectly with mine.  Her wistful, carefree style was exactly the feel I wanted to exude with D+S, and it was captured effortlessly. 

Working with Fantasia and Kelsey, along with Kaylyn and Tyler at the Weir House, was a lovely experience every step of the way.  From our initial phone conferences and design boards to previews and launch, it's been a dream come true. I couldn't be happier.  If you get a chance, please do head over to the site (www.daydreamsandsundresses.com).  Take a look around and read a few posts.  I do hope you enjoy it!"






No comments: