Thursday

TODAY'S DESIGN CANDY | De France's Christmas Market Poster

Although much of my recent shared work has been photography, I will never forsake my deep love for graphic design. Studying graphic design has opened up a world of art for me that I am forever grateful for. When you're the kid in art class who can barely draw a recognizable stick figure, you laugh at the idea of having any kind of art related job. I was that kid! No kidding, and I still am. (our secret*) The idea of being a designer has always seemed so far fetched until one day I realized that you don't need to draw a stick figure to be a designer. That was my light!

Fast forward a few months after graduating Pensacola State College and I was blessed to land my first full time dream career in Santa Rosa Beach as a designer for www.JudithMarch.com

It has been an exciting roller coaster of a career. The skills I've learned working with a quickly growing company can never be replaced with anything I will ever learn in the future. Judith March was challenging in so many areas and taught me how to be more confident, independent, persistent, and considerate of a team. These values make me who I am today. 

Leaving a perfect position as a designer for a fashion company did not come easy. Although I loved being a part of the world of textile design, teeshirt design, web graphics, and so much more... I felt torn to branch out with other local companies and to take the time to learn more skills in design and photography. 

The 6 month journey of creating an LLC and becoming a small company still seems surreal. Maybe it always will? 

The greatest aspects of being a contracted designer and photographer are the unique projects, opportunities, and people that come into your life... 

One of my favorite shops with hoards of unique vintage finds is De France Flea Market in Ft. Walton Beach. I've been so thankful to get to know the awesome owners and to help them with promotion for craft festivals and events. 

Here's a fun poster design that we came up with for their Dec 14th Christmas Market! 
The design: 
The chosen colors: 


Any chance I can get to design something vintage, I am on it without a second thought! 
Hope this poster inspires YOU to join the December 14th Market. Trust me, it's going to be AWESOME!
- XO - 
Tasia 

No comments: